DISCLAIMER: The author of this blog is not a licensed professional lumberjack, and by no means intends any posts on this blog to serve as professional advice on tree felling, log splitting, firewood cutting, or any other woodsman activity. Always consult your local lumberjack for any of your timber or firewood needs.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Letter from a sick lumberjack

So today has been a very quiet day.  Little blogging, absolutely zero work accomplished.  Why?  Because for the fourth time this calendar year, I am sick!

That's right.  For the fourth time in 2012, I am in bed, doing nothing all day.  And for those of you who know me personally, this pretty much could not come at a worse time. 

As a kid, I never got sick.  Once a year max.  I grew up in New England, ran outside without a coat in the winter, played on the ground with the dogs, and thought hand washing was for girls and grownups.  Still, nothing.  My parents' first house was older than the country in which it was built, had no insulation, and I didn't get sick.  Next house?  Out in the woods, still two dogs - in addition to other outdoor animals.  This one was well insulated, but of course that didn't matter, because I was only indoors when it was dark out.  Still, sick once per year max.

Now, after years of law school, I am up to four times per year.  I am told it is stress, and I am inclined to agree.  I mean, it does add up.  Before then, I also had no other stress-related issues which now periodically pop-up.  Go figure.  Debt, poor digestion, trouble sleeping, and you get a piece of paper in Latin for your troubles.  Oh wait.  I still have yet to receive such parchment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment