DISCLAIMER: The author of this blog is not a licensed professional lumberjack, and by no means intends any posts on this blog to serve as professional advice on tree felling, log splitting, firewood cutting, or any other woodsman activity. Always consult your local lumberjack for any of your timber or firewood needs.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

There will be no rant on Boston

This post is more of a notice than anything else, and is something I feel obliged to write before adding anything else.  What I want to tell the people who are gracious enough to read my material is this: there will be no rambling, verbose rant on last week's events in Boston.

Last week was incredibly stressful.  I was lucky enough to be far away from danger, but I had family members who missed the violence at Copley by a matter of minutes.  My fiancée and my some of my friends were also in Boston.  Luckily, all of them were safe and my fiancée was able to get out of town before the lockdown on Friday.

Almost everyone with any sort of social media account, blog, or other means of opining online has posted something regarding the actual explosion at the finish line, the lockdown, the use of force, the treatment of the surviving suspect, Miranda warnings, or some other topic relating to this hellish week in Boston.  I will not join them.  For one, everything was a bit too close to home.  For another, no one - and I mean no one - has any perspective yet on what has happened.  The blood has only just been pressure washed off the sidewalks of Boylston St. and the prosecution of the bomber has not even yet begun.  Only with the passage of time, the analysis of the crime scene, and the trial of the surviving suspect will we be able to decipher last week's events.

I will stop myself now before this ends up being the rant I decided not to write.  I will close with one request though: please, do not create, incite, or contribute to any conspiracy theories at this time.  To those who could not resist doing so while the drama was ongoing, consider taking a step back for a moment.  This I ask not out of my own annoyance, but out of respect for those whose friends and family were not as lucky as my own last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment