DISCLAIMER: The author of this blog is not a licensed professional lumberjack, and by no means intends any posts on this blog to serve as professional advice on tree felling, log splitting, firewood cutting, or any other woodsman activity. Always consult your local lumberjack for any of your timber or firewood needs.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Technical difficulties

Those of you who have wandered onto this state-of-the-art blog more than once may have noticed recently that the banner has been, well, downgraded. This was not by choice, and believe me, it will be returned to normal as soon as possible.  The fact is, this downgrade is due to a technical error which has been beyond my control thus far.

A week or two ago, after neglecting this reputable source of rants and raves for a short time, a gentleman asked me to show him the page.  When I attempted to load it, every graphic was missing and was replaced by an image resembling a stop sign of the European roadway persuasion.  Needless to say, I was a bit peeved.

Now luckily, it was easy to replace the wallpaper.  A clip of the same plaid, a few minutes on MS paint, and there it was, re-plastered in all its lumberjackian glory.  The same could not be said for my banner, which was a custom made labor of love.  What's more, the file needed to reinstate that illustrious graphic is stored in a computer 100 miles away - and I thought I had kept a copy on my laptop this whole time!  Now the one presently featured is merely an impromptu quick-fix, the result of a prototype image contained on my laptop's hard drive, reworked and fudged to fit into the blog's otherwise vacant heading.

Sadly, resetting the appearance of this blog to its former glory is outside of my control for at least another week or two.  In the meantime, thank you for bearing with me and settling for marginally adequate writing with entirely inadequate and obviously-zero-budget graphics.

If anyone out there has had this or a similar experience with blogger, please let me know.  I'd love to know why this happened and if there is a quick fix.  Really.  The whole incident just seems rather rude considering the $0 and few hours per month I spend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment